As promised, here is the recipe for my ridiculously easy shrimp tacos. It’s so easy and forgiving, I’m not going to give you exact measurements. If you got upset by that last statement, I promise you can’t mess this up! I used to be that person too who needed exact measurements.
You will need:
- 1 bag of cooked, frozen shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- corn tortillas (Trader Joe’s or Ezekial’s are the best health-wise, but any will work)
- coleslaw mix (found with the bags of salad, does not have any dressing on it)
- store-bought guacamole (make sure there are no questionable ingredients in it)
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend (or you can season with lime and chili powder)
Then do this:
- Thaw your shrimp according to the package and then remove the tails.
- Meanwhile, begin to cook your corn tortillas according to the package. If you work in an office and want to take this for lunch, I’ve use a toaster and a toaster oven to give the tortillas a little crisp.
- Place a medium-size pan over medium heat. Toss in the shrimp, sprinkle the seasoning over top and stir so it’s well distributed over the shrimp.
- As you wait for the shrimp to heat thoroughly, place the tortillas on a plate. Top with coleslaw mix, guacamole and top with shrimp.
- Proceed to shove tacos into your face.
See? Super easy. Especially Step 5.