Before I contracted the stomach virus going around town, I was on a tilapia-kick. I get so sick of chicken. You will never hear me say “I have such a hankering for grilled chicken breast” ever. Never, ever, ever I say!
Moving along… this is one of the many tilapia recipes I’ve been working on. If you don’t mind the extra calories, you can pan-fry this coconut oil instead of baking. It very delicious that way as well. I think this is best served over rice, preferably white rice. I know, I said it, white rice. I did my research and white rice was the best decision for me, but yes, brown rice is much healthier for you.
I could get into the pros of brown rice and the cons of white rice, but I won’t, not today. So stop judging me and enjoy this fish over whatever rice suits you best. The end. Oh, and have a nice day
- 6 – 3 oz tilapia filet
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup unsalted almonds, finely ground in food processor
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix together coconut, ground almonds and salt until well combined and pour out on a large plate.
- Dip each filet in the egg wash and then in the coconut mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the fish is white all the way through and flaky.