I’ve done quite a few fad diets in my life. The result is always the same in the end… binging on whatever it is you “can’t have!” Fads are called fads for a reason. It took me a long time to figure out that if you have to eliminate a food group from your diet then something isn’t healthy. And here is the lovely Amanda to talk about fad diets and what really works.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - –
We have all tried them at some point, some are crazy like drinking magic potion for two days and losing 10 pounds. Some might just be eating all protien. Yes some are better than others but no fad diet is the key to long term weight loss or a healthy lifestyle. If you want to see results and keep seeing results without being deprived and then binging.
Start eating healthy. Fad diets are just that , a fad that is in one day and out the next. If you are truly looking to make changes in your life and wanting to stop that yo-yo dieting then here are a few tips to start a healthy new life style.
1. Get to know your body, find out what works and what doesn’t. When you know how many calories you burn try to stick to that amount or less.
2. Count every calorie and measure your food in the beginning. Yes, this can be difficult at times and yes time consuming but it will ultimatly pay off in the end when done correctly. Count every single calorie that goes in your mouth including drinks! However, measuring food and counting calories can drive you crazy! Try to focus on learning the portion sizes and it will not always have to be strict.
3. Make small changes in your eating. If you can’t give up all your favorite unhealthy foods cold-turkey, cut your portion sizes down.
4. Add more exercise to your day and weeks. Go for a walk at lunch or hit the gym after work. Slow and steady wins the race.
5. Listen to your body and learn your hunger signals. If you can quiet your cravings long enough to hear what your body is asking for the results will be surprising! Your body knows what it needs and what it doesn’t need… so stop your whining and listen to it!
Don’t crash diet. Eat healthy foods and add some exercise. Just remember if its easy it’s probably not a good way to go. Losing weight can be difficult at times but the results in the end are more than worth it. You won’t miss those extra calories after some time and yes, you might start to enjoy those tough workouts. It takes longer to lose weight this way, but you also took longer to put those pounds on. Be patient and keep smiling!