I remember when I first heard about chocolate-covered bacon. A friend told me about it and followed it up with “Doesn’t that sound gross?” I quickly agreed, but then I thought about it. No, no it doesn’t sound gross AT ALL. In fact, it sounds delicious. Bacon goes with everything. EVERYTHING. Go ahead, try me. I’ll make it work.
Alright, again, no nutrition information. It’s not healthy, but its Christmastime. That’s not an excuse to binge, but it is a reason to indulge every once in awhile.
- 6 oz chocolate candy melts (such as Wilton’s)
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- ¼ cup of real bacon pieces (such as Oscar Meyer)
- 20 unwrapped caramel candies
- ¼ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the caramels and milk in a small pot over low heat for about 5 minutes stirring continuously until the caramels are completely melted.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave following the instructions on the package.
- Stir the canola oil into the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and sprinkle the bacon pieces over the chocolate before it sets.
- Then drizzle the caramel over the top.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.
- Once the chocolate is set, break into 2″ pieces.