I had a similar recipe at picnic. My husband just loved it and begged for me to ask for the recipe. When I asked, I got this for an answer:
“Oh it’s sooo easy. You just throw this, that and some of this in and bake it.” It took me an entire summer to perfect this recipe to our liking. It’s now become a summer staple in our home.
- 2 cans of butter beans, loosely drained
- ¾ cup of ketchup
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1 package of real bacon pieces (found with the salad dressings)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Add in the beans and bacon. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray an 8″ pie plate with cooking spray and spread the bean mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the mixture is bubbling from the bottom through to the top.
Calories: 230 | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1347mg | Carbs: 42g | Fiber: 5g | Sugars: 21g | Protein: 9g