Every Sunday, Mr. Fitness and I cook two large packages of chicken to last the whole week. If we are feeling motivated or chicken is on sale we cook even more and then vacuum seal it and freeze it.
Let me tell you, I eat A LOT of chicken breast for someone who doesn’t like it. I prefer red meat or fish. Red meat isn’t great to eat all the time and fish doesn’t keep all week long so that leaves me with chicken. Shiver.
This is the easiest way I’ve found to prepare it that doesn’t make me gag is this recipe. It is also has the husband seal of approval… which is an extremely difficult seal to obtain. We eat it all week long. Mr. Fitness usually just eats it as is, but I toss it on salads or sandwiches. It is the chicken I’ve been using this week in my lunch.
The olive oil contains all the moisture so instead of dry and gross chicken breast, its actually pretty decent. I prefer this method of cooked chicken breast over grilling. When I was a kid my parents made grilled chicken every single night for dinner… at least it seemed that way. Then when I moved in with my husband he made grilled chicken every single night for dinner… I had to be the one to stop the cycle.
- 8 chicken breasts, halved
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp of your favorite salt-free seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk together olive oil and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Toss chicken in bowl and mix around with hands until all chicken is coated evenly.
- Lay the chicken breasts in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake each sheet for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.