This tomato is full of color, flavor and protein. Your lunch buddies will be pretty jealous when you pull this showstopper out of your brown bag.
Chicken Caprese Stuffed Tomato
Author: Skinny Sometimes
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsp of part skim mozzarella
- Slice off the very top of the tomato just under the stem.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the tomato. Remove most liquid and dice up the meat and place into a bowl.
- Place the chicken, pesto and 1 tbsp of cheese in with the diced tomato and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the tomato shell with the chicken mixture and top with the remaining tablespoon of cheese.
Calories: 182 | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 296mg | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 18g