This tomato is full of color, flavor and protein. Your lunch buddies will be pretty jealous when you pull this showstopper out of your brown bag.
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato
- 1 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsp of part skim mozzarella
- Slice off the very top of the tomato just under the stem.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the tomato. Remove most liquid and dice up the meat and place into a bowl.
- Place the chicken, pesto and 1 tbsp of cheese in with the diced tomato and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the tomato shell with the chicken mixture and top with the remaining tablespoon of cheese.
Calories: 182 | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 296mg | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 18g