I love seasoning sweet potatoes with savory spices. It is so much easier to just bake sweet them or to slice them, so I don’t make homemade fries too often. I find it too time consuming to cut them. I suppose I could break out the mandolin slicer, but I don’t so these fries are just a treat.
They are husband-approved. Mr. Fitness kept sneaking fries when I wasn’t looking… even though the rule is he can eat it all after the picture is taken. If you would like them to be spicier, just add a little more chili powder. One teaspoon of olive oil seems like too little, but you don’t want to drench them or they won’t crisp up.
Which do you prefer? Sweet or savory spices on your sweet potatoes?
- 1 lb of sweet potatoes, cut into fries
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine seasonings and olive oil in a large size bowl.
- Toss cut fries into the bowl and mix until every fry is coated.
- Lay the fries on the sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip fries making sure they do not touch.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes and remove from the oven.