I have had so much fun in the past 6 months writing posts! Amanda and I have become even closer, Mr. Fitness is a huge supporter of the blog and I really stepped out of my comfort zone. 2012 was a pretty good year! Below is a list of my 12 favorite posts of 2012. Happy New Year’s Eve!
1. Power Ups & Downs. This was one of the very first workouts Amanda and I recorded together. I had no idea how the videos would turn out. I just wanted to show people that no one looks great (except for professionals) while working out. It’s become part of our weekly routine and they are always a blast… sometimes!
2. Ask Amanda: How To Get Through A Plateau. I love all of the Ask Amanda posts because Amanda has such a great knowledge and spirit AND I can’t provide you with professional advice. When I send Amanda the question I never know what the answer will be but its always great, informative and inspiring. You will be seeing one of these posts every week in 2013!
3. Ashley from My Food ‘N Fitness Diaries hosted me as a guest blogger on her site. You can read the post here. And while you’re there, check out Ashley’s blog 😉 A brief synopsis: There is a workout going around Pinterest that claims it burns 100 calories. We disproved it.
4. The S’more Incident. I’m glad I don’t have any more stories like this off the top of my head to share! Otherwise I would, because in the end (you know months later) they are pretty funny. In order to improve, we need to admit our mistakes and shortcomings and then be willing to see the humor in them.
5. The Fall Magazine. Designing this magazine had only one purpose, to combine two things I love design and blogging. Initially I had planned to do one for the holiday season and while I did have it almost completed I didn’t think it was my best work. Therefore, I didn’t release it. The Holiday Edition wasn’t as much fun for me as the Fall and that defeated my overall purpose. Keep an eye out for a Spring Edition!
6. Excuses I May Have Used. I had a lot of fun writing this because at one point I asked Mr. Fitness excuses I’ve made in the past and he had a plethora of them. In fact, I had to tell him take it easy!
7. Skinny Vanilla Chai Protein Latte. Designer Whey shared this on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. It was something I had been drinking for months but never shared on the blog. THEN Designer Whey mentioned they were having a recipe contest and suggested I enter. I won… twice! I have never won a contest like this in my life let alone twice. I entered a total of 3 recipes over the course of 3 weeks. Honey Vanilla Pear, Ginger Peachango and Sugar Plumberry. My face hurt from smiling. I think Mr. Fitness was more excited than me about the prize, a Healthmaster Blender. It is a really great blender and I plan to post a review soon!
8. Taking Portland. The trip was so much fun that naturally, the post was fun to write. Mr. Fitness always finds the best places to eat. I’m already talking about going back there.
9. Mug Pancakes. This is a very simple recipe. I can’t express to you how excited I was when this worked itself out. I’m sure that there is something similar out there, but for me it was like discovering America.
10. Funks Happen. I had been working on this post for weeks, but it just seemed I couldn’t truly come out of the funk! Every time I thought it was done I wasn’t ready to post yet because I was still in a funk. It evolved over the course a month and I finally posted it when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was very therapeutic and I’m happy it finally made itself published.
11. Taking Discovery Cove. I fell in love with marine life at the age of 10. I had so much fun with my Mom that day and I couldn’t believe how physically exhausted I was that day.
12. 12 Days of Christmas Workout. I had a lot of fun creating this workout. I also had no idea how hard it would be, I was just trying to make it sound good. Oops.