Yesterday morning, I received this text message from my friend, Lesli:
Some might call it a typo, but I believe it to be a Freudian slip. I, at any given moment, have cookies on my mind.
What I Love About Cookies
- I never met a cookie I didn’t like.
- There are many different varieties, it’s hard to grow bored. If you get tired of one, just move on to the next.
- Cookies have a good salt to sugar ratio. I remember in 8th grade during home economics class when we were baking cookies, this girl said “my mom and I always omit the salt in cookie recipes.” NEVER OMIT THE SALT… unless you doctor told you to avoid salt, of course, just give me a heads up so know what I’m getting into.
- There’s a lot of flavor in one bite. I love that burst of flavor that makes me salivate instantly. I know, pleasant thought.
- Two words: Cookie. Dough.
My Cookie Experience
- Once, I bought Mr. Fitness half a dozen of chocolate chip cookies for a Valentine’s Day fundraiser and I ate all but one.
- I made cookies for my neighbors at Christmas time, but I ate them all so they got chocolate covered pretzel rods instead.
- Elizabeth’s mom used to send her homemade pumpkin raisin cookies in college. I ate most of them. She got back from class one day and this conversation happened:
Me: I had one of your cookies.
Elizabeth: You can have as many as you want.
Me: Okay, because I had 2.
Elizabeth: (laughing) You can eat as many as you want.
Me: Great, because I really ate 6.
- Her mom sent store-bought gingerbread cookies once too. Same situation. Mrs. A, if you’re reading this, please know I really miss your cookies.
- Christmas is probably my favorite holiday because of all the cookies going around.
- Fun fact: I’ve never been involved in a cookie swap believe it or not! People are probably afraid to invite me.
My Favorite Cookie Recipes
- Cheesecake Cookies So easy and so good.
- Big, Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Follow the directions exactly and you will fall in love.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Classic.
- Italian Wedding Cookies Mr. Fitness’ Favorite
- Monster Cookies Can’t go wrong with these pups.
- Chocolate Cringles. My mom always makes these around Christmas time. They were my Dad’s favorite.
How much do you love cookies?