Yep, this my lunch.
- 4 large chicken breasts, halved and then pounded with a mallet to about ¼ thick
- 2 oz of sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tbsp of store bought pesto
- 4 oz of mozzarella, sliced into 8 long pieces
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Lay the chicken on a flat surface and spread the pesto evenly using the back of a spoon on the meat.
- Next, spread the sun dried tomatoes evenly on top of the pesto.
- Take the mozzarella and place at one end of chicken and slowly roll it up. Set on baking pan. Repeat process with all pieces.
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pepper and parmesan cheese in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle evenly on top of the chicken roll ups.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. When serving, top with marinara sauce.
I was even super nice and took a progress pic to avoid any confusion while you are rolling these pups up:
I will be munching on other things this week as well… not just really great and tasty chicken.
I have a side salad with romaine, cucumber and cherry tomatoes to eat with the lunch as well. My breakfast is the usual, it just doesn’t get old for me!
1/3 cup of old fashioned oats
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 heaping tbsp of natural peanut butter
diced apple (about 1/2 a cup)
I heat all these ingredients in the microwave for about a minute and thirty seconds.
My snacks include a hardboiled egg, sugar snap peas, the remainder of my apple from breakfast, cherries and a Kind Bar. I’m very excited about this new-to-me Kind Bar flavor, Madagascar Vanilla Almond. I bought this flavor by accident, realized it was super delicious and THEN realized it only had 4 grams of sugar, naturally, no gross sugar substitutes! It was a happy accident.
What’s in your lunchbox this week?