My lunch prep is a little different this week. I had a busy weekend so I just bought bunch of random food at the grocery store late Saturday night and came home and cooked it all. It is the following:
1. Chicken tenders coated with an organic, gluten-free Shake ‘n Bake like substance. Next to them are chicken sausages. I just tossed these in the oven to get them cooked. It was very easy prep to put both of these items in the oven. I put everything on a baking sheet and baked it for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Ingredients to make the kale salad that I ate all last week. I love it. It is very easy to toss together in the morning.
3. I bought ground turkey breast and seasoned it with a clean taco seasoning you can find here. I have corn tortillas on hand, salsa, guacamole and black beans on hand to toss together some tacos for lunch.
4. Sautéed zucchini. It’s just zucchini sautéed in olive oil, some fresh garlic and parmesan cheese. Mr. Fitness loves this and asked me to make it. I cooked a lot so he wouldn’t eat it all by midweek.
5. Cucumber melon smoothies. Quite possibly my favorite thing in the world right now. It’s watermelon, cucumber and coconut milk in the blender. Simple, so easy, very refreshing. I have been making these if my breakfast has been on the smaller side.
6. Sweet potatoes. I just baked them, that’s it. For a clean carbohydrate.
It’s random, but I have lots of things to grab depending on my mood. Depending on how this works out for me this week, I might do it again next week too. For snacks I also have a few options. Almonds, apples, Larabars and green beans that are washed and cut.
The best part? All of the items except for the salad can be tossed in the freezer if I don’t eat it all… and chances are I won’t eat it all. This way, I’m already ahead on my food prep for next week.
Breakfast this week is a no brainer for me, same as last week! I can’t get enough.
What’s in your lunchbox?