I love breakfast. Normally, I eat oatmeal almost every morning, but every now and then I like to change it up. Making pancakes in a mug is so easy anyone can do it… even a child. You can eat it straight out of the mug with a spoon or slice them up and eat like silver dollar pancakes. I added blueberries to these, but I think chocolate chips would be quite tasty as well. It’s also nice because you can make just one serving of pancakes.
I really like Log Cabin’s All Natural Pancake mix. It’s whole wheat flour but very fluffy and not dense. Quaker Oats Pancake mix is also great, again, not dense. It can be tricky to find healthier pancake mixes in the grocery store. I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart, but it is easier to find these pancake mixes at larger grocery stores that only sell groceries and not everything else under the sun.
- ⅓ cup pancake mix
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp frozen blueberries
- Combine pancake mix, milk and egg white in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Grease a regular size coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Pour pancake batter into the mug. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.