It looks like cake! Or another delicious dessert! Okay, fine, it’s oatmeal, but with pumpkin. Like my other breakfast cakes, they freeze well for a grab and go breakfast. You can eat with a fork or eat it like a muffin. It’s pretty versatile.
Pumpkin Pecan Breakfast Cake
Author: Skinny Sometimes
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup, plus 2 tbsp
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 3½ cups old unfashioned oats
- ¼ cup pecan chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender combine milk, pumpkin, ¼ cup of syrup, pumpkin pie spice and egg whites. Mix until smooth.
- Combine pumpkin mixtures with oats in a sauce pan and set over medium high heat and bring to an almost boil. Stir constantly and lower heat until oats absorb the moisture, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the pecan chips with remaining 2 tbsp of syrup and spread the mixture evenly in the 6 muffin wells.
- Lastly, pour the batter evenly in the wells over the pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the the top begins to brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then flip the pan to have your breakfast cake.
Serving size: 1 cake Calories: 280 Fat: 10.8g Carbohydrates: 37.5g Sugar: 2.7 Sodium: 107mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 11.2g Cholesterol: 124mg