I think my obsession with sea salted caramel and chocolate started around the same time I started my Pinterest account. Salt and sugar come together in one harmonious treat. Perfection. It doesn’t get any better.
The holidays are an indulgent time. Mindful eating is more important this season than any other. I didn’t even bother trying to figure out the nutrition information. Make these for a crowd and enjoy every last bite.
- 1-10 oz prepared brownie mix
- A bag of unwrapped caramels
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag of dark chocolate candy melts (such as Wilton's)
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tsp of coarsely ground sea salt
- Prepare the brownie mix and bake according to the directions. Let cool.
- Heat the condensed milk in a medium pot over low heat. Slowly add in the caramels.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the brownie mix. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
- Once brownies and caramel have cooled, cut into 1” squared pieces.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the canola oil.
- Dip each caramel brownie square into the melted chocoalte and set on parchment paper to cool. Before the chocolate has completely cooled, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.