There really isn’t anything I don’t like about Fall. I’m always ready to welcome pumpkin back into my life. I’m pretty sure I enjoy the starchy vegetable in all of its forms. Pumpkin bread, Elizabeth’s pumpkin raisin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin pancakes are just a few of my favorites.
Last Fall, I posted a Skinny Vanilla Chai Latte recipe that was a huge hit. Well, it gets better. Introducing the Skinny Pumpkin Chai Latte. The best part is there are no gross syrups or flavoring. You can make this at home in under 10 minutes and savor the protein packed hot beverage as you begin your morning.
I must confess that I’ve never actually used fresh pumpkin. I’m sure it’s not that hard, but I’m also sure I would just rather buy the can of the puree. Canned food isn’t the best for you, so if you would like to avoid this without using fresh pumpkin, sweet potatoes are an almost identical flavor substitute. You can bake a few ahead of time and they will keep in the fridge all week. Or you can choose to ignore what you’ve read about canned foods, like myself.
Canned food is pretty important, I mean what will we eat if a zombie apocalypse occurs? Libby’s canned pumpkin puree, that’s what. I’m sure next month I will lecture you about why you shouldn’t eat canned foods because that’s how I roll. Until then, cheers.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- ¼ tsp of pumpkin pie spice (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 chai tea bag
- Heat the almond milk in the microwave until it is hot, but not boiling.
- Brew the tea bag in the almond milk for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine brewed tea, protein powder, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in the blender. Blend until smooth. Serve hot.