I always say a protein shake should be enjoyed like everything else we eat and drink. Too many people just chug it. There are many ways to make a shake delicious in very little time, so there are no excuses! Designer Whey has a fun contest going on right now where anyone can submit a shake recipe as long as it is the color of the week. Last week’s color was green. I came up with two recipes and this is the one I did not submit. Be sure to enter because there are great prizes and it’s always fun to be creative with protein shakes. Be sure not to omit the lime zest, that’s what makes it limey!
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ lime, juiced and zested
- ½ cup of spinach
- ½ medium banana
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 1 scoop of Designer Whey French Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp of agave syrup (optional – included in the nutrition information)
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened organic coconut flakes (optional – included in nutrition info)
- In a blender, combine coconut water, lime juice and zest, spinach, banana and pineapple. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass. Using your finger tip, brush the agave along the rim of the glass and dip in coconut flakes for garnish. Any remaining coconut can be sprinkled on top of the shake.