My Dad’s favorite Christmas movie was White Christmas. He would watch it over and over and over again. If he wasn’t watching the VHS, he was singing the song, LOUD and CLEAR. I remember rolling my eyes over and over and over again.
I have been watching White Christmas every year since my Dad passed away. If you can force yourself to pay attention long enough to figure out what’s really going on, it turns out to be a cute movie. Now I sing the song LOUD and CLEAR and Mr. Fitness rolls his eyes at the movie and my singing. It’s become quite the Christmas tradition.
So in honor of my Dad who loved Christmas, was always dreaming for a white one and loved whatever I made in the kitchen, here is a recipe for White Christmas Bark.
- 6 oz of Wilton’s vanilla candy melts
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- ¼ cup of deshelled, salted pistachios
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the candy according to the directions on the package. If using the microwave method, be sure to watch the candy carefully in 15-30 second increments.
- Once the candy is melted, stir in the oil until blended thoroughly.
- Pour the candy onto the parchment paper and spread to about a ¼” layer using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pistachios on top. Set in refrigerator until hardened.
- Break apart into imperfect pieces and store in an airtight container.